What I Got For Christmas

4:07 PM



Hello, Internet.

So, I know this is a bit late to the party, as we're already into our second week in the new year (!!!). But I thought it would be really fun to do a mini-haul and show you my favorite things I got for Christmas this year! (Plus, we all know that we still miss Christmas a bit...) 

Enjoy!



One of the great things about experiencing Christmas as an adult is that you no longer have this long list of gifts that you hope to receive—you don't really have any expectations, and you don't expect people to get you anything anyway. So when you do receive gifts, it's that much more meaningful to you.

Of course I got a lot of really lovely presents from people this Christmas and I'm grateful for every single one of them. But these are just some of my favorite gifts that I received this year.



One Line a Day: Five-Year Memory Book



The first thing I got for Christmas was waiting for me in my stocking on Christmas morning, and I'm so, so happy I received it. Recently, I've really been eager to get back into some form of journaling and documenting my life in some way. I've always had a bit of trouble maintaining a journal, as I often have too many thoughts to express and find it overwhelming to fit them all cohesively onto a few pages. 

I've been getting more into the idea of bullet journaling, and this lovely little one-line-a-day journal sounded perfect for me, so I asked my mom for it for Christmas... and I could not be happier with it! Besides how well the short journal entries work for me to capture the highlight of each day, I love the idea of having this journal span across five years, of being able to look at one day and seeing what I did on that specific day over the course of five years.




Also, can we just mention the fact that this journal has gilded pages.


Gilded pages... SO beautiful!

I also love how small this journal is so that if I want to, I can easily take it around with me throughout my day. This Five-Year-Memory book is everything I wanted in a journal. I love writing a new entry in it every night, and I'm so excited to have this journal by my side over these next five years. Who knows where it'll take me? 




2018 Planner



The next gift I received was this leatherbound 2018 planner, which also makes the list of one of my absolute favorite gifts! Just like with the 5-year journal, I've really been wanting to get into planners and also using those as a form of bullet journaling in a way. One of the drawbacks I saw in bullet journaling was that a lot of it would rely on me having to be artistic and hand-drawing all of my calendar months. Let's be real here... I don't have that kind of time, dedication, or artistic ability. 

That is why this planner is absolutely PERFECT. Not only does it include all of the calendar months, along with a weekly planner, but the layout and overall design is everything I've been wanting in a planner. For each calendar month page, there's a right-hand column that includes a general Notes area as well as a To-Do list.



And then for each weekly planner, there's an extra page on the right that includes a large space dedicated to notes, as well as a longer version of the To-Do list, and on the bottom of the page are boxes for Reminders and Goal of the Week. 



Everything in this planner is just very well organized and laid out, and I can see myself utilizing it—especially the weekly planner pages—in all sorts of ways that I'm very excited for. (Also, I just love the font? Like, I could not have asked for a more Tumblr-esque planner).

Between the five-year journal and this planner, these make fantastic gifts that compliment each other really well and I think they're going to have a really positive impact on my year and beyond.



Yellow Submarine Beatles Mug!


Okay, this is one of those kind of gifts that I wasn't expecting and didn't ask for but that I absolutely love. As much as I deeply love The Beatles (fun fact!), I actually don't have very many Beatles mugs... at all. In fact, I only have one: an Abbey Road mug that my mom got for me on her trip to Scotland. But this was a gift my brother gave me and that I didn't know I desperately needed until I unwrapped it.

Words will never be enough to express how much I adore this mug. Normally with Beatles mugs, I find there can be a problem with a lot of them being very... generic? But this one is so unique and unlike any other one I've seen in the stores. Although I've never seen Yellow Submarine, I'm always intrigued by the artwork associated with it. It's so brightly colored and eye-catching. (I still catch myself staring at it longingly while it's sitting on my shelf).  I'm also really, really in love with the shape of this mug. I've actually been wanting more mugs with this dome-like shape. It's a really deep, quality mug, too. I am beyond giddy with this gift and I thought it was so thoughtful of my brother to give it to me, knowing my two greatest loves in the world—Beatles and mugs.

Starbucks Mug and Hot Cocoa



Continuing on the mug variety, another gift I got that I adored was this large red Starbucks mug (with a tartan ribbon that I'm very determined to keep on the handle, because it's SO cute and festive), along with a packet of Starbucks hot cocoa inside! Okay, but this is a big deal because I love Starbucks hot cocoa. I am of the opinion that very few places can make hot cocoa right, and somehow Starbucks is one of those gems that makes delicious hot cocoa. So I'm really, really excited to make this sometime on a cold and cozy night in.

Hogwarts Wallet




This is another gem gifted to me by my brother (seriously, he's really good at being personable and getting just the right, creative gifts).  And just like the Beatles mug, I. LOVE. It. I'm always eager to find Harry Potter items, and this wallet is actually really nicely-made and I just love the color scheme. It feels like a genuinely good leather wallet... but Harry Potter!




Although I already have a wallet, I'm really excited to swap it out for this Hogwarts wallet every now and then. And it's nice to know that even when I'm not using it, it can sit on my Harry Potter shelf and look amazing.



Soft Blanket!


Another gift I got this Christmas that was such a nice surprise was this incredibly soft and cozy, cream-colored blanket that my mom gave me. She knows more than anyone that I love home stuff and that I've especially been wanting more blankets. So I was really excited when I got this. It's seriously so soft, I can't wait to wrap myself up in it on a cold day. Also, one thing I absolutely love about this blanket is that it's lined with these big, light-grey pom-poms on each end, which are SO cute!



Notable Mentions


Velour Sweaters

I love, love, love these two sweaters I got from my mom. I've worn them already and they're so warm and cozy. I also really love how they have a more old-fashioned look to them. Now, I don't know if these are authentically velour sweaters, but they definitely have that kind of feel and texture, which is something I've been more and more attracted to lately. (What can I say? I'm drawn to soft things.) Also, I really, really love the color of these sweaters. The one on the left is a light grey while the one on the right is a deep, sort of plum color.

Onesie!




And along the category of clothing, I also got... A ONESIE. Also from my mom, because she knows how much I love my current onesie that I own. I absolutely love this one, though. It's SO soft and comfortable, and it also has pockets! Yesss! I don't even care that this is more of a christmasy-themed onesie—I will wear this throughout the year on all my cozy, introverted nights in.

Another feature I love about this onesie is that it has...

A HOOD.
 

Also, it has these cute mint green tassels, which I think are so, so adorable.



* * *

And that is it for all of my favorite gifts that I got for Christmas this year! All in all, I thought this was a really nice Christmas, and I was perfectly pleased and thrilled with every single gift I received. I can tell that I'm going to enjoy each of these gifts for a long time...


Until next time!
x Belle




You Might Also Like

0 comments