Christmas (Dishes) in March!

7:17 PM



Hi Internet,

I know it's been a long time since my last post. Today it's a beautiful sunshiny (almost) spring day, and I did something somewhat eventful, so I thought I would share that with you! As the title suggests, it involves something merry and bright...



For those who aren't aware of what the weather in Washington has been like lately, it's been incredibly dreary and rainy for quite a while now. But with spring just around the corner (tomorrow, as I'm writing this!) today was actually incredibly nice out. With that, my mom and I decided to take a walk into town, something we hadn't done in ages. Our first stop was into Kohl's, where after some initial browsing we found ourselves upstairs and in the modest discounted homeware section (My idea, of course). And that is where we saw... a glorious little shelf space of clearance-priced christmas dishes!!! 

They had small plates and larger plates and platter dishes and mugs and coasters galore. It was honestly such a beautiful sight to behold. If you know anything about home decor, finding cute christmas items during the holiday season is sort of like going into a bridal shop amongst other determined brides-to-be. You know that once you find that one special item that captures your heart, you must buy it now, because you don't know if you'll ever see that adorable santa plate again. This is sort of the way with christmas decor in general. It's so magical when it's up during the season, but it's even more remarkable when you manage to spot some christmas items still around in March that are marked 50% or more off the original price. There's just no feeling like it.

With me being obsessed with both home decor and christmas, when I found these little santa plates and coasters for ridiculously cheap, I knew instantly I had to grab them.



THEY ARE SO CUTE. I love how they have a sort of old-fashioned look to them with the way the santa is painted. I bought five of the plates in total, plus there are four coasters in the little box, each one having a different image painted on. I could show you, but... I decided against opening these up just yet and to instead preserve them until I decide to really use them. The back of the box shows what each coaster looks like, so I'll show you that:




I absolutely love all of these designs (especially the reindeer flying over the snowy scenery!) and I cannot wait to eventually break these out and put them to good use during the holidays.

Oh! I forgot, I also bought a larger plate, which I plan to use more as a serving plate—like to put cookies on and such. 



I love how simple and elegant it is, and it also has a sort of old-style christmas look to it.

My mom couldn't resist either and got herself a christmas platter dish (not pictured). So, with all of our things in hand, we went downstairs to the cashiers. And get this: on top of the marked clearance price, my mom also had a Kohl's coupon she could put toward our purchase, so they ended up being even cheaper than they already were. 

The grand total ended up being around $9.44 for five small plates, one large plate, a set of four coasters, and a platter dish. 

  • So my small plates—originally clearanced at $2.00— ended up being a little over $0.50 each.
  • The larger plate was $5 (It had no price tag, but it was originally part of a set, so the employees graciously gave me a good price just for that individual plate).
  • And the coasters, which were originally marked at $5, were now $2.

My mom and I still couldn't believe what a good deal we got as we walked back to the car. And even coming home and admiring them as I put them in my special christmas decoration storage, I can't believe that I got so lucky in acquiring these cute little additions. Did I wake up this morning thinking I was going to buy a bunch of lovely christmas plates for ridiculously cheap? Nope...but I'm glad I did!

So, moral of the story: if luck is on your side, try to buy christmas decorations a few months after christmas when everything is cut 50-75% off...because that's how you do Christmas right.

Until next time!
x Danielle












You Might Also Like

0 comments