A Trip to the Little Free Library

10:56 PM


There's this cute little box that I always pass by on my walks to town.  It's in the shape of a house and has a window cut out in the front, and books tucked away inside.  It's called the Little Free Library.  I'd heard of others like this one scattered around, where people can drop off books and others can pick them up as they please.  It's like a miniature library (thus the name).  It's a really great idea, and it's so nice for those to have a heart big enough to donate their own books, knowing it will make someone else's day as they pass by.  I also like the mystery of it.  You never know who will drop off books or who will pick them up, but regardless, there are always new books appearing in this Little Library every time I walk by.




Every time I passed by this Little Library, then, I would always think to put some books in that I had lying around at home, but I could never seem to remember to do it.  That is until today, when me and my mom decided to go for a nice autumn walk.  I remembered about the Little Library, so I quickly got some books together to put in there.

Donating some books to Little Free Library
Many of these books were ones from a literature class I took in college.  Not being one for classics, I didn't have any use for them once the class was over, but I knew there had to be someone else out there who would enjoy them, and regardless of their condition.  The other two books had been in our house for a number of years but just hadn't really been read.  So it made more sense to donate these books for someone else out there to give them the attention they deserve.

And of course once me and my mom began our walk, I couldn't resist taking a picture among the leaves.

Boots and autumn = <3


Once we got to the Little Free Library, there were a few books already inside, but certainly enough room to add more!  And here is the final result, with the addition of my books:



I'm so happy that my books have found a new home, where someone else can pick them up and enjoy them to their full extent.  I hope to anyone who may read this post that this will inspire you to donate your books in a similar way, too!

Until next time,
x Danielle

You Might Also Like

0 comments