A Lazy Day Reading

6:44 PM


Sometimes you need a day to be busy, to get things accomplished.  Other days are spent with family.  And then there are days when you simply surrender yourself to the laziness of it, grab a book, and fall endlessly into it,  all the while enjoying the peace and quiet and comfort.

Today was this day for me.

I knew as soon as I woke up this morning that today was simply going to be a lazy day.  I don't know if it was the dim morning lighting or the weather outside, showing the first signs of autumn quickly approaching, or whatever else told me.  But something in me knew that I was going to have a quiet day spent inside.

I decided to spend this quiet day reading the book currently holding all of my attention, Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon.  A 2015 YA debut, this book has gained much attention and promise.  Plus, you can't argue that the cover of this book is absolutely gorgeous.






 It's just as gorgeous on the inside, too.  Ever since I've opened this book, I've been completely head over heels in love with the plot and with the protagonist, a young girl named Maddy who has a rare sickness that prevents her from being able to leave her house and enjoy the world outside.  I feel like I can relate to Maddy in so many ways.  While I thankfully don't have an illness like Maddy's that debilitates me as severely, I certainly identify with her to an extent, being quite a homebody myself - whether out of choice, my social anxiety, or currently being an unemployed college grad - and often find myself lost in my own thoughts and in books, wondering what all I'm missing out on.  More than that, though, Maddy is smart, hopeful, and determined, which makes her and this book that much more special to me.

You always know you're reading a good book, because every word across the page is like music.

And of course, nothing completes a lazy reading day like being curled up on the couch next to this pup.


Eventually though, Jessie and I decided to get outside for a bit (much like our protagonist, who wishes to break free!) and spend some time reading out there.  It was lovely, too, because the weather had finally started to pick up (albeit, temporarily...) and it was so peaceful, reading with the sun overhead and a slight gentle breeze.


Of course, it wasn't long before Jessie wanted to join along.

Reading time!
Since then, I've gone back inside, hopped on my laptop to make this blog post as well as upload the pictures I've taken to my secondary book blog, and the weather has changed gloomier once more.  But then again, that's what happens when summer slowly ends and fall begins, and it's also a good excuse to remain inside and read a good book.  Once I publish this post, I will most definitely be returning to mine :)

Again, nothing feels better than a lazy day.

x Danielle

You Might Also Like

0 comments