Life Update!

9:36 PM



I'm baaaaack.


Hello, Internet! I know I've been gone for a bit. Not as long as I've been in the past, but long enough to give you a little life update! I've also recently decided that I'm going to be much more active on this blog. 

I realized that I've really missed posting on this blog, regardless of views, and that this blog is basically my child. It's grown up with me over the past few years and I've put a lot of myself into it. With that, I really want to go full force with it and get back into posting semi-regularly on Dearlyintrovert, whether that's updating you on my day to day life here and there, or maybe even crafting helpful posts or insightful articles. 

But that's for the future. For now, let me give you an update on what all I've been up to lately!

The first exciting update on my life is... I got a cubical shelf!


Okay, I know this isn't the most exciting news, but as a bookworm and also just someone who desperately tries to find ways to add more organization and space, this was a big deal for me. I'd been shopping around for cubical shelves for a while, but everywhere I looked seemed a bit pricey. That is until I found this affordable ClosetMaid unit! (Never mind the fact that it was complicated to put together and there's a massive hole I accidentally tore into the bottom that I strategically hid). I love, love, love how it adds a bright, fresh look my room, especially next to my other shelves. It just makes everything look so much more put together.



What I especially love about the organizer are the cubical boxes that I bought with them. I went for lighter colors, a bright light blue and a beige. They are so handy for just stuffing things into them and keeping them out of sight, from hats to scarves to my ever-expanding leggings collection. They're like really cute, colorful drawers that never squeak!


Finally, I love how I can decorate and personalize the top however I want: in this case, with some of my favorite fantasy books, a picture frame, and a favorite quote that I like to look at as a reminder.



Besides the cubical organizer, I've also been using shoe racks to stay organized. This one under my bookshelves has been here for a while...


...but I've also added another shoe shelf adjacent to that. Basically, my room is taking on a very cubey design, but I'm sort of loving it!  



Besides the obvious big change to my room, I also have a few little touches... like this cute hook I got a few years back, which I'm just now realizing is the perfect hook to put all my chunky cardigan sweaters on!

Hat hook turned Tumblr-esque chunky sweater hook!


In other news... I cut my hair short!



Don't be fooled by this short hair, though. Summer in Washington is taking its sweet time getting here. For whatever reason, it still feels like it's fall over here. So much so that last week I actually had to put on my chunky autumn cardigan. Don't believe me?


June, you say? Pssh, Hot weather in June is so overrated...


And because I know you were wondering, here is my latest TBR pile...


...not counting a few e-books on that list as well.

Yep, I'm still a massive bookworm in every sense of the word. When I'm not reading books or looking for more books to read or interacting with the online book community, I'm probably snapping pretty pictures of books. Here's my bookstagram to prove it—feel free to follow me!



Oh, and on the professional front, I'm also working a full-time office job in Seattle!



Who's that professional lady!



















It's not the most exciting job in the world, but it gets me out of the house every day, and a part of me does like being a part of the hustle and bustle of the city with the rest of the working crowd.


* * *
So that is what I've been up to in a nutshell! I'm sure I could go into much more detail, but I hope this provides you with a nice, general idea, and I'm sure that along the way I'll fill in some bits and pieces. I'm in a bit of a transitional period in my life right now, where I'm not quite sure what my next step is or where I'll go next, but for the moment I'm just focusing on going to my job while also having the time to do things I really love to do, like reading and getting back into this blog. 

I really do have high hopes for re-dedicating myself to Dearlyintrovert. I want more than anything to be able to document my life on this blog, all the highs and lows and everything in between that captures life and the experiences of a young adult, which is what I believe Dearlyintrovert represents. I hope you'll stick around and see this journey with me.

Until next time!
x Danielle



You Might Also Like

0 comments